From Our Parish Messenger, March 1937
On July 4, 1848 the deed of the property was made over to the Archbishop. The contract for the building was given to a Mr. Joseph Hartmann of St. Mary's Church of St. Louis. It was decided to build a Church and also a brick school building... The corner-stone laying of the new church took place in the early Fall of the year 1848. Father Patschowski, S.J., from St. Joseph's Church, preached the sermon upon this occasion. The new Church, according to the wishes of the Archbishop, was named the Church of the Most Holy Trinity. By the first of the year the Church was built up to the windows and the School was placed under roof.